Required Any Graduate
Asian Paints Recruitment
A sales associate (also called a salesperson or sales worker) is often a B2C salesperson in a retail environment. They engage with prospective customers, help them find products that fit their needs, and ensure a smooth sales process.
The sales associate role is different from other sales positions in that there is less emphasis on prospecting and pipeline management, while more focus on consultation and shopping experience.
As a sales associate, you are typically the first touchpoint that potential customers have to your company. Not only do you gain hands-on experience selling directly to consumers, but you also have the opportunity to represent your company and achieve valuable knowledge about products and services.
What does a sales associate actually do?
- Greet customers then find out what they want/ need
- Recommend products based on customer needs
- Motivate customers to buy by describing the product uses and benefits
- Encourage customers to buy additional or higher-quality products, known as Explain business policies, such as discounts, warranties, and return limits
- Assist customers with purchase completion
- Build customer loyalty by offering incentives like loyalty program membership, coupons, or branded credit cards
- Maintain sales and inventory records
- Assist with store displays, signage, inventory, and stock management