Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field.
Flipkart Roles & Responsibilities
The storekeeper job description entails maintaining an automated supply inventory database; updating database of materials, supplies, and equipment; generating related reports to verify inventory levels, and determining re-order activity and usage rates.
Storekeepers also initiate orders to replenish supply inventories following established guidelines and procedures in the company and follow-up with vendors and suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of items.
The storekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of a department’s/organization’s storeroom, performing activities such as stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required.
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
- To obtain the job of a storekeeper, applicants are required to have at least a High School diploma or GED
- A storekeeper requires a valid driver’s license, forklift certification, or willingness to acquire and maintain forklift certification
- Employers often seek people with working knowledge of storekeeping, general warehousing, and familiarity with issuing, stocking, ordering and receiving parts/supplies, and understanding of cycle counts on inventory. It is also important that they can operate equipment such as forklift and light trucks in a safe manner, and in compliance with standard operating policies and procedures.