Tata Motors Careers
Leading Company In India SMT EE Architecture Post In all over India. We Are Hiring Candidates Who Are Interests For This Posts.
Position Summary with Job Responsibilities:
The main activities involving development of complete Cross Car line Electrical architecture
6 - 10 Years
- Excellent Project management and control, communication skills, Co-ordination & Delegation, Tracking and Escalation along with Conflict resolution.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and create an environment oriented to open communications, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Expertise in architecture development tools like PREEVISION.
- Strong knowledge of the system and functionality, architecture, partitioning, design, testing and integration. Hands on experience in electrical integration of multiple systems preferred.
- Candidates with experience in at least 2 of the below competencies preferred:
- Architecture design and implementation for BS6 regulations.
- Automotive communication and Diagnostic protocols (CAN, CAN FD LIN, UDS etc), and usage of communication and diagnostic tools. (Network designer, CANoe, Indigo etc).
- Hardware development process, interfaces, schematic capture and simulation tools preferred [e.g. ORCAD and PSpice]
- Vehicle Schematic design tools and Wire harness tools preferred [e.g. Vesys, Mentor Graphics Capital Logic etc].
- Software architecture [eg. AUTOSAR], development process [SPICE], methods and tools involved
- Good knowledge of regulatory / certification requirements like CMVR, AIS, ECE etc
Tata Motors Leadership Competencies
- Developing Self and Others - Recognizing continuous development is essential for success and taking steps to develop self and helping others to excel
- Leading Change - Recognizing the need for change, initiating and adapting to change
- Driving Execution - Translating strategy into action and execution
- Leading by Example - Encouraging and following ethical standards
- Motivating Self and Others - Inspiring teams and individuals
- Customer Centricity - Anticipating, understanding and focusing efforts on meeting the customer (stakeholders) needs or expectations